Partnership working is central to our values. This page provides information about our partnerships within the NHS, the public sector and with the voluntary sector and third sector.
The NHS England website has a useful summary of how the NHS is structured. There is also useful information on the King's Fund website about how NHS providers like our Trust are commissioned and regulated.
Many of our services – particularly our secondary care services – are commissioned by the local NHS clinical commissioning group (CCG). CCGs are made up of GPs, nurses and other professionals and are responsible for commissioning services for the local community.
Our local CCG is NHS Derby and Derbyshire CCG. It was created on 1 April 2019, as a result of a merger of four CCGs: NHS Southern Derbyshire CCG, NHS North Derbyshire CCG, NHS Hardwick CCG and NHS Erewash CCG.
Several of our services are also commissioned by the public health departments at Derby City Council and Derbyshire County Council. These include our family health services for Derby and our drug and alcohol services for Derby and Derbyshire.
- View the most recent CQC reports about our services.
- View the information about our Trust on the NHS England and NHS Improvement website.
Our regional collaborations
We are a member of two regional NHS provider collaboratives which are up and running in the Midlands:
- IMPACT - responsible for the commissioning of low and medium secure mental health services and low and medium secure learning disability and autism services for adults
- CAMHS Tier 4 East Midlands Provider Collaborative - responsible for the commissioning of CAMHS Tier 4 services in the region, with Northamptonshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust as the lead provider.
Other public sector partnerships
As well as Joined Up Care Derbyshire we are a partner in...
- The Derby Integrated Family Health Service, working with University Hospitals of Derby and Burton NHS Foundation Trust - see the information on our family health services in Derby
- The Derby and Derbyshire Crisis Care Concordat - to make sure that people get the help they need when they are having a mental health crisis
- The Derbyshire Suicide Prevention Partnership Forum - to share our research and expertise on suicide prevention
- The East Midlands Self-harm and Suicide Prevention Research Network.
Our partnerships with the voluntary and third sector
We work closely with a number of charities and voluntary groups.
Some of our services are provided in partnership with not-for-profit organisations including:
- Our drug and alcohol services - working with Aquarius and Phoenix Futures in Derby, and Derbyshire Alcohol Advice Service (DAAS), Intuitive Thinking Skills and Phoenix Futures in Derbyshire
- Our talking therapies service, Talking Mental Health Derbyshire - working with Derwent Rural Counselling Service and Relate
- The Derbyshire Mental Health Helpline and Support Service is a partnership between us, the charity P3, Richmond Fellowship and Derbyshire Federation for Mental Health.
Other partners include:
- Alzheimer's Society (dementia)
- British Deaf Association
- Derby City and South Derbyshire Mental Health Carers Forum
- Derby Open Centre (promoting understanding)
- Derbyshire Autism Services
- Derbyshire Carers Association
- Derbyshire LGBT+
- Derbyshire Mental Health Forum
- Derbyshire Mind (mental health)
- Derbyshire Voluntary Action - DVA
- First Steps (eating disorders)
- Healthwatch Derby
- Healthwatch Derbyshire including Mental Health Together
- Making Space (dementia)
- Rethink (mental health)
- Young Carers.